Posted on April 20, 2021
As your home’s point of entry, the doorway is often the centerpiece and makes that important first impression. Why not give your entrance a little extra attention to help it really make a statement this season? These impressive ideas for entryway embellishments can get you started.
A doormat is the most common decorative element a homeowner adds to an entryway. Consider sprucing up your stoop by going one step further.
- Personalize. Help identify your home and space with a personalized doormat. This can include the family name or even just an initial. Do something to make it your own.
- Layers. Get crafty with your doormat and go for the layered look. Place a decorative outdoor rug underneath your mat for an even more eye-catching look.
- Make them laugh. Show off your sense of humor with a whimsical or playful mat. Get a smile from family and friends before welcoming them into your home.
If a doormat isn’t your style, perhaps a hand-painted or specially designed welcome sign can greet your guests. Tall and commanding or wide and impressive, the concept is really up to you.
By the Numbers
For a fresh style, add an ornamental address plate to the empty space above or alongside the doorway. This can help visitors more easily identify your home and provide visual balance to your entryway.
You can also hang large, separate numbers on or alongside the door. Go for a classic look or something bold and artistic. Just be sure the size of the numbers works well for your home.
Liven up your entryway with greenery or flowers. If you have the space, try adding a potted plant on either side of the door. These can act as little green columns and make for a lively, grand entrance.
Or add a pop of color and beauty with a hanging flower basket. Change out the flowers as often as you like or consider using fake flowers and avoid the worry of watering.
With some dramatic and artsy décor, your front door can welcome your guests in style without saying a word.
- Seasonal splashes. Door decorations aren’t only for late-year holidays. Get fun and creative all year round and celebrate summer holidays, birthdays, special occasions, or even “just because.” Dress up your doorway however you like and whenever the mood strikes.
- Accessorize with a door knocker. This can be as ornate or as simple as you like. Maybe try something bold and striking, simple and modern, or designed with an animal face. A unique door knocker can add elegance, sophistication, and practicality.
- Handle with flair. Upgrade door handles or the doorknob to transform the door and add some character or a bit of style.
You probably have some sort of lighting around the front door. Whether that’s a fixture on either side or one hanging directly above, we have fun ideas to enhance the lighted look.
Decorative sconces come in varying shapes and styles. Find a trend that suits your home and your taste, whether it’s a farmhouse lantern, contemporary cylinder, steampunk design, or romantic Victorian.
Or change the entire look of your entryway with a pendant light. This is a single-bulb fixture suspended from a chain, cord, or metal rod.
Add a Door
A storm or screen door can add style and functionality to your entryway. Accents and vibrant colors can help draw attention. And you can open the front door on nice days to let in some natural light and fresh air.
If you notice the front door is tattered, damaged, or letting in too much outdoor air, maybe it’s time for an upgrade altogether. A new door can increase curb appeal while adding beauty and function to your home. Ask your Twin Cities home exteriors experts about the benefits of a front door upgrade.
Get your home ready to welcome visitors this spring with these impressive ideas for entryway embellishments. The experienced professionals at Spotless & Seamless are always here to offer solutions to liven up your home’s exterior, from seamless siding to roofing to windows & doors and more. Contact us today with questions or for a free estimate.